Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Group of Seven

Yesterday, I attended the first dinner meeting of Writers Ink at Cagney's Restaurant on York Road. Seven of us gathered around the table and shared good food, good conversation, and lots of laughter.

We have decided to meet on the first Tuesday of each month. For the time being, we will meet at Cagney's. The ambiance is wonderful and the menu is an extensive one which includes many tantalizing appetizers and entrees. The desserts are decadent, in particular the chocolate truffle cake, caramel latte mousse cake, and tartufo.

As a fledgling group, we are in the gestation stage. After brainstorming and much deliberation, we decided on a name for our group:  Writers Ink. We are now in the process of writing a mission statement and developing personal mantras.

On a personal note...

I intend to rewrite my novel, A Season for Killing Blondes. I look forward to getting input from my fellow writers.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like everyone had a great time. I will be sure to add the next get together on my calendar. By the way, I am very anxious to read your novel... dg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you. I look forward to seeing you at the next dinner meeting on Tuesday, May 4th.

    Joanne

    ReplyDelete