Thursday, April 8, 2010

Discovering Hopespring

I have known about Hopespring for over five years. A number of friends and cancer survivors had urged me to visit any one of the two locations in the KW/Cambridge area, but I hesitated. I didn't think there was any need. I had made an amazing recovery and put the cancer experience behind me.

But, there is so much more to Hopespring. In operation since 1995, both locations offer a variety of free programs and services to cancer survivors and their caregivers. And, this does not end once the treatments are over.

In January, I joined a book club at the Waterloo location. We spent a couple of months discussing The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle. A few weeks ago, I signed up for Tools For the Healing Journey at the Cambridge location.

No comments:

Post a Comment